Keep the power flowing… Be ready for a power outage. Let Cullman Electric help you purchase, install and finance a standby generator.
What We Offer
Cullman Electric Cooperative is ready to assist you with the purchase of a standby generator:
- Technical assistance
- Generator sizing information
- Financial assistance
- Help in locating a generator
- Direction in configuring poultry houses under one meter to access a transfer switch (when possible and economically feasible for the farmer)
FAQs We Can Answer
Frequently Asked Questions Cullman EC can Answer About Stand-by Generators:
- What size generator do I need?
- Should I get a PTO generator or an engine-driven one?
- I have 4 poultry houses on two separate meters. How do I go about installing a transfer switch to supply emergency power to all four houses?
- I want an engine-driven generator. Which should I purchase – a propane gas or diesel model?
- A dealer who sells used generators has approached me. Will I be taking a risk?
- Does Cullman Electric Cooperative finance used generators?
- How do I obtain a generator loan from Cullman Electric Cooperative?
NOTE: The installation of a dual-pole, double-throw switch is required for accessing a standby generator. If you are planning to install a generator, obtain the services of a licensed electrician to install a transfer switch and to connect your generator. For safety reasons, installation of a transfer switch is an absolute must!
Current Financing Information
|Amount of Loan||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Terms|
|Less than $1,000*||10%||10.0%||18 months|
|$1,000 – $5,000||10%||8.0%||36 months|
|Greater than $5,000||10%||8.5%||60 months|
NOTE: A Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) is filed with each generator loan.
A $50.00 processing fee is required for loans less than $1,000.00
For more information call Dennis Reid at 256.737.3245 or 1.800.242.1806 or by email.