Current Sprout Subscriber Resources
Thank you for subscribing to Sprout Fiber Internet. We are committed to providing you the fastest and most reliable internet service. You are helping grow Gigabit communities across our service area, and we thank you for your business. This page is dedicated to providing the necessary resources to make sure you get the most out of your service.
Subscriber Information Packet
Welcome to Sprout Fiber Internet!
Thank you for helping us grow our gigabit community! We are thrilled you have chosen us as your service provider! We know that you may have questions, so we prepared this information to help.
• How to use the Sprout Wi-Fi app to control your network from your smartphone.
• Get an overview of all you can do with your high-speed connection for work, school or fun.
• What to do when you need tech support or troubleshooting.
• Additional products and services available.
• How to make the most of your Wi-Fi speeds.
• Accessing your online account portal.
Join our Sprout Fiber Internet Facebook Group for more useful information! Share that you are part of the Sprout Community — take a picture with your yard sign and tag us @cullmanec with #SproutFiberInternet #PowerfulConnections #BrighterFuture
What to Expect
Now that you are part of our growing gigabit community, the sky is the limit! Your high-speed connection will keep up with you when you need to get things done for work or school and when you are ready to kick back and relax with the family. Imagine all you can do with Sprout Fiber Internet.
Work From Home
• Enjoy fast download and upload speeds with no data caps.
• Participate in video calls without lags or interruptions.
• Make homework time a breeze by accessing online educational resources with your fast connection.
• Participate in live-streamed classes and enjoy clear video and audio.
• Stream your favorite shows, music, and live TV through a variety of streaming apps and say goodbye to high cable bills.
• Enjoy playing your favorite video games with minimal latency (ping), packets, and jitter.
Sprout can also support all of your smart home devices and any Wi-Fi-enabled device on your network. Continue reading to learn about optimizing your Wi-Fi speeds among all devices.
Wi-Fi Speeds Explained
Understanding Wi-Fi Speeds:
The package speed you have chosen (300 Mbps or 1 Gbps) is the maximum speed you can expect to receive, but you may receive less if you have your device connected through Wi-Fi. Here is why:
Wired vs. Wireless:
Connecting your devices through an Ethernet cable is the best way to ensure you are receiving maximum speeds. When using Wi-Fi, it’s normal for speeds to be lower. But don’t worry — you’ll still have plenty of speed to do everything you need to do.
Technology is Always Improving:
Every connected device — such as your PC, mobile phone, gaming console, TV, etc. — may only handle up to a certain speed and it may be less than the speed you signed up for. This is especially true for older devices. Consider upgrading to newer models for best results.
Coverage is Key:
Add our Enhanced Whole Home Wi-Fi service to ensure your Wi-Fi reaches every room in your house. We will look for weak signal areas and install Wi-Fi extenders as needed.
Testing Your Speeds:
To conduct a speed test, we recommend www.speedtest.net and to use a newer model PC connected through an Ethernet cable. Testing this way will give you the most accurate results and reflect the true speed of your Sprout internet connection.
Contact us at 256-737-3200 and select option 5, then option 3 or email us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.
Sprout Fiber Internet makes it easy for you to stream your favorite shows through your smart TV or a streaming device. Our reliable, fast connection means you can access the most popular live and on-demand streaming services without needing a cable subscription. Here’s how:
• Access popular streaming services through your smart TV. If you don’t have a smart TV, you can purchase a streaming device such as Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV Stick at many retailers or online.
• Pick how you want to stream. Many services such as Netflix allow you to choose from a library of on-demand shows, while others such as Hulu + Live TV give you the option of watching live TV and local networks. You can sign up for one or more streaming services and customize your experience, and some services even offer a free trial.
• With a bit of research and some experimenting, you will find a combination of streaming services that work for you and your family!
To learn more about streaming, please visit our website at https://cullmanec.com/streaming-services-comparison-chart
Sprout makes it easy for you to access your bills, make payments, manage your payment methods and update your account information at home or on the go without needing to make a phone call. Here’s how it works:
• Go to mybroadbandaccount.com/SproutFiberInternet and log in with the email address and password you used when setting up your account.
• If you did not activate your account at the time you created it, you can register for the first time.
• Once you log in, you are ready to use the portal — and don’t worry, this service is free and secure.
With the Sprout Online Account portal, you can have full control of your account with just a few clicks.
NOTE: Sprout is billed on the 1st of the month and due on the 15th and is pay ahead service. At install, you will be charged an adjusted amount for the remainder of the month. Then, you will receive your first full bill on the 1st of the next month.
Troubleshooting and Tech Support
No internet connection? Need help? We are here for you 24/7/365!
Sprout Fiber Internet is proud to offer the fastest and most reliable internet to our subscribers. But, sometimes, outages from unforeseen events can affect your service. If your internet is not working, your Sprout equipment is the best place to check first.
If the ONT (the white box wired to the wall inside the house) does not have 3 solid green lights on LAN, FIBER, and POWER, call Tech Support at 256-737-3200, option 5, then option 3
1. Verify your device is connected to your network in your Wi-Fi settings.
2. Try to connect to other websites using your device.
3. If you cannot visit any website with your device, try to access the internet with another device. If the other device connects, restart your device and try to connect to your network again.
4. If you are still unable to connect your device to the network, call Tech Support at 256-737-3200, option 5, then option 3