Current Sprout Subscriber Resources
Thank you for subscribing to Sprout Fiber Internet. We are committed to providing you the fastest and most reliable internet service. You are helping grow Gigabit communities across our service area, and we thank you for your business. This page is dedicated to providing the necessary resources to make sure you get the most out of your service.
Subscriber Information Packet
Welcome to Sprout Fiber Internet!
Thank you for helping us grow a gigabit community!
We are thrilled you have chosen us as your service provider! We know that questions will arise and we are here to help answer them.
• Plume HomePass App — how to install on your smartphone so you can make the most out of your Wi-Fi
• High-Speed Internet Makes Streaming Easy — watch live TV and video on demand
• Troubleshooting & Tech Support — what to do when something isn’t working
• And last, a refrigerator magnet to fill out for quick access to important information
Be sure to join our Sprout Fiber Internet Subscriber’s Facebook Group. We will share more tips and tricks and keep you informed as we grow together.
Now, let’s get connected and share that you are part of the Sprout Community. Plant your yard sign, snap a pic, and tag us @cullmanec with #SproutFiberInternet #PowerfulConnections #BrighterFuture
While the Sprout Fiber technicians are installing internet in your home, please download the Plume HomePass app on your smartphone and create a new account using your email address. To access the app for Android and iOS, you can scan the included QR code.
The HomePass app will allow you to have full visibility and control of your network. You can run speed tests, see which devices are connected and get daily reports on how your network is performing.
1. After downloading, open the HomePass app and choose the Set Up Plume option.
2. The app will prompt you to enter your name and email. This will be for your new new Plume account.
3. Choose your Plume account password, which must be at least 8 characters long.
4. An email will be sent to you. Click on the Verify Email link within that email to continue the setup process.
5. Once you get to this screen, the account process is complete. The Sprout Fiber technician will complete the installation of your internet and then walk through the rest of the Plume HomePass setup with you.
6. Be sure to enable app notifications. This will help you monitor your network activity.
Troubleshooting and Tech Support
No internet connection? Need help? We are here for you 24/7/365!
Sprout Fiber Internet is proud to offer the fastest and most reliable internet to our subscribers. But, sometimes, outages from unforeseen events can affect your service.
If your internet is not working, your Sprout equipment is the best place to check first.
Does the ONT (the white box wired to the wall inside the house) have 3 solid green lights on LAN, FIBER, and POWER?
YES: Proceed to the next question
NO: Call Tech Support at 256-737-3200
Is the Plume SuperPod (the silver hexagon plugged into an outlet) showing a pulsing light?
NO: Proceed to the next question
YES: Call Tech Support at 256-737-3200
On your Plume HomePass app on your smartphone, is the globe pulsing?
YES: There is an internet connection, and the issue is device-related. Try the steps below.
NO: It may say “looking for pods “ or “lost internet connection.” Call Tech Support at 256-737-3200
1. Verify your device is connected to your network in your Wi-Fi settings.
2. Try to connect to other websites using your device.
3. If you cannot visit any website with your device, try to access the internet with another device. If the other device connects, restart your device and try to connect to your network.
4. If you are still unable to connect your device to the network, call Tech Support at 256-737-3200.
High-Speed Internet Makes Streaming Easy
Sprout Fiber Internet does not provide streaming services or devices, but our fiber network makes it easy for you to stream.
First, you will need a smart TV or streaming device:
Some of the more popular devices include Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Firestick. All of these you can buy online or at many retailers (Walmart, Amazon, etc.)
Next, pick how you want to stream:
There are two options when it comes to streaming — on-demand and live TV. On-demand allows you to choose what you want to watch from a library of shows and movies. Live TV streaming is similar to a cable or satellite provider where you can watch your local news, sports and network programming.
Cut the Cord, and Switch to Live TV Streaming
There are countless live TV streaming options for those looking to cut the cord with standard cable providers. With Sprout Fiber Internet, you will be able to stream live TV on multiple devices at the same time. Below, we have provided a list of popular live TV streaming providers providing information about channels, DVR, and local networks. Compare, check the prices, and find one that best fits the needs of your household!
To learn more about streaming, visit Streaming 101
Wi-Fi Speeds Explained
We know you are going to love Sprout Fiber Internet, and we want you to have a positive experience, so we would like to explain how Wi-Fi speeds work. The package speeds we offer (300 Mbps and 1 gig) are the maximum speeds you will receive. But you may receive less if you have your device connected through Wi-Fi.
Wired vs. Wireless:
The best way to receive the max speed is to connect your devices directly through an Ethernet cable. That may not always be possible because many mobile devices don’t have a way to connect, and a Wi-Fi connection is more convenient. But don’t worry. This does not mean you have issues with your internet connection. Your Wi-Fi connection will have plenty of speed to do everything you need to do.
Technology is Always Improving:
Your home network, both wired and wireless, is only as strong as the devices are capable. Each device — such as your PC, mobile phone, gaming station, TV, etc. — has a network card that has speed limitations. Some of these devices, especially older ones, may not be able to handle the max speed you have subscribed to.
Coverage is Key:
A lot of homes will make use of our Enhanced Whole Home Wi-Fi package to ensure whole-home coverage. To ensure that you are receiving your broadband service at its full potential, Sprout Fiber Internet offers Enhanced Whole Home Wi-Fi for $10.00 per month.
Speed Test Information:
The most accurate speed test is on a hardwired, ethernet connection to a newer model PC or using the HomePass app. Older devices, gaming systems, and any Wi-Fi connected device will likely not reflect the max speeds capable of your Sprout service.
Issues or Concerns:
Contact us at 256-737-3200 and select option 5, then option 3 for technical support. We will be glad to assist you.
Several other factors might affect the internet speeds in your home:
The speed you will be able to get on a wireless device will vary based on the location of the Wi-Fi router and several other factors.
1. Your Wi-Fi router can affect or limit your signal, but the Plume Superpod that Sprout Fiber Internet offers can deliver service speeds to your devices at their full potential.
2. The size of your home and the material in the walls can limit speeds and prevent the signal from reaching all areas in your home.
3. Signal interference from appliances like microwaves can affect the connection or cause the signal to stall.
4. The number of devices on the network at one time can drastically affect the speed of your wireless device. The more devices active on the network, the less speed there is to go around.
5. The type of Wi-Fi radio in your device can dramatically affect your speed. Check your device’s Wi-Fi specifications to see what is supported.